Saturday, December 22, 2012

{LOOK NOOK: Flyer Heaven}

Flyer Heaven is the place where all of the fliers I have designed from years past now live. FLYER HEAVEN is a set on Flickr that you can go to visit them. The history of my flier designs dates back to pre-photoshop-skill days when I would paint on vellum and go to kinkos to do all the enlarging and shrinking physically with the xerox, scissors, and glue.

Thankfully, I have been developing greater skills in Photoshop, and no longer have to spend days in the dreaded Kinko's. I have also found a great source for copy-right free images on Flickr, called The Commons where you can use any of the photos as long as you give due credit to the archive that took the time to scan and list them.

I have been learning a lot of secret tricks and keeping files of scanned textures and drawn shapes, enlarging my fonts collection, and learning to use wingdings graphically. Using Automation I have constructed buttons that allow me to do many functions such as "floating objects", "black and white", "black layers" and other such useful steps.

Below are a set of images that are new to this style:

LNNYEofficial1

madchitri1

WILDnWOOLY

ESGMb2s1

ESGM12

BLAZERSALE

toptenSALE6

headoverheels1

YARNopen

OPENgiddyup

OPENbride

No comments:

Post a Comment